Consulting CASE STUDIES
Fostering A Unique Partnership to Expand Consumption, Deepen Channel Presence and Enter New Markets
A global consumables brand develops a long-standing partnership with MPG, expanding its sales and marketing capabilities, entering new channels, segments, and markets to double sales within eight years.
A European-based global brand had an ambitious goal to double its U.S. business within an eight-year timeframe. The company realized that it would need additional resources and strategic thinking to get smarter, faster in order to achieve its financial goals.
MPG has been retained by the company for the past eight years to influence nearly all aspects of its go-to-market strategy:
- Providing trusted, experienced talent integrated within the sales, marketing, insights, category management, replenishment, and analytics teams to co-develop business-building strategies and activation plans within the Drug Channel and Walmart
- Defining best-in-class channel and customer strategies to expand presence in established retailers (Walmart, Target, Food Channel, Club Channel, Value Channel) and enter into emerging ones (E-commerce, Naturals)
- Creating go-to-market strategy for first-ever launch into an adjacent category, including final formulations, claims, packaging, financials and 360-degree marketing plans for what is expected to be largest, most profitable U.S. new item launch in company history
- Creating a robust capability around shopper research and insights in order to identify incremental business opportunities rooted in shopper needs and behavior and train existing personnel
- Delivering a new market entry approach to profitably enter into Canada inclusive of strategy development and organizational design
- Supporting strategy development in the U.K. through analytics, project management, and strategy creation to optimize the existing business model
The company has consistently relied on MPG to support them in their audacious goals, and this partnership resulted in the doubling of its U.S. business. In addition to impressive U.S. results, the new market entry is expected to deliver an additional 30% of sales within next 3 years.