Consulting CASE STUDIES
Building the right e-commerce foundation and go-to-market capabilities for omni-channel growth
A leading global FMCG company ensures consumers have a consistent branded experience across touchpoints by building a robust .com strategy and content management system for retailers.
A leading global FMCG company was failing in the .com space with market shares online far below their brick-and-mortar performance. Leveraging a deep understanding of the customer decision journey - from how they evaluate products to how they interact with brands - with retailer digital priorities and operational requirements, the MPG team developed an efficient internal customer development content management process to best meet retailers' e-commerce content requirements and help them to more effectively drive brand awareness and loyalty across the portfolio.
MPG began by conducting a comprehensive, cross-functional internal review of the current process, assessing gaps versus customer e-commerce needs and identifying ways to drive efficiency and ownership across the client team. Leveraging our knowledge of industry e-commerce best practices, the MPG team worked with the client team and agency resources to deliver an elevated omni-channel strategy. Specifically, MPG:
- Developed the U.S. product information management process and workflow in 60 days, including metrics and a digital scorecard for tracking performance to goals
- Led the content creation and SEO optimization for 600+ SKUs
- Trained 50% of the U.S. brand management team on Enhanced eRetail Content Best Practices
- Led the creation of 20 branded workspaces on their web content platform
- Proposed structural recommendations for the new U.S. eCommerce Center of Excellence