Consulting Case Studies
A global household products company prepares for a more strategic approach to managing price in our new transparent, omni-channel world.
A manufacturer of leading brands in diverse FMCG categories needed a deeper level of understanding of how Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies are constructed and implemented to more proactively manage advertised pricing across channels following significant price pressures from the value discounters and .com landscape. They also had a need to understand how to implement a MAP policy as part of a new product launch to protect brand equity.
To change the game, MPG helped the client understand a wide range of MAP options via our real-world experience and public domain marketplace intelligence to help them:
- Understand MAP strategy best practices to manage the new growth channel universe – in-store and online
- Facilitate the client’s cross-functional team in understanding the right circumstances for both leveraging and enforcing MAP programs
- Know how to successfully implement MAP policies with retailers, including both e-commerce and brick-and-mortar operators
- Identify potential MAP policy pitfalls based on relevant case studies
- Craft a MAP policy designed to support their new innovation
- Road test the policy with MPG Retail Advisors to anticipate retailer needs and concerns
- Develop the retailer selling story and prepare sales team for customer engagement
The collaboration is paying off with a very clear MAP strategy as they prepare to launch their new innovation, supported by the right guidelines, policies, and selling stories. Internal constituents are aligned across Sales, Marketing, and Finance. The sales force is armed with a fact-based selling story that’s been road tested by MPG Retail Advisors preparing the team for maximum success.